Genuflect.net was first launched on August 18, 2018 … beginning a new, wonderful Catholic journey. The first email newsletter went out the following week on August 29th. I didn’t know exactly where the path would lead, but I knew I had to follow it.
It seems like the year has gone by so quickly. But surprisingly, everything about Genuflect has been relatively quick … and easy.
God’s Path Discerned
For some time I had been trying to figure out an online project that would utilize my advertising and marketing skills. For months I struggled to develop another website that was advertising industry related. Nothing about it came easily or quickly.
I recall praying at Mass one Sunday for guidance on the direction I should go. That afternoon the inspiration for Genuflect came to me. With just one hour of brainstorming and domain research I settled on the name Genuflect and purchased genuflect.net. That was August 13th.
If you’ve ever tried to name a company, much less purchase a domain, you know it never happens that quickly! Domain squatters have grabbed just about every word you can think of. But Genuflect.net was available and waiting for me to find it.
Within 5 days, I designed the logo, built the website, and launched to live. Everything about it seemed to come easily. And I knew I was following the path laid before me.
I admit I was nervous about the time commitment each week to publish a newsletter. But I trusted the Lord … and it’s not been a burden. In fact, it’s been the opposite.
A Journey to Strengthen Catholic Faith
I created Genuflect with the mission of helping you deepen your relationship with God, living the Catholic life you desire, and equipping Catholics everywhere to go out into the world and share their faith.
I hope it’s had a positive impact on people. I’ve received some great feedback. I can attest it’s brought me closer to the Lord.
It’s been years since I studied anything about Catholicism. And as a cradle Catholic with 12 years of Catholic school theology classes, it’s sad to admit that I had been fairly lax with it. So researching and writing about Catholicism on a weekly basis has been a huge blessing for me. I suspect I’ve gotten more out of Genuflect than anyone else has.
I’ve enriched my prayer life, probably said more Rosaries than I had in all my previous years, experienced some Catholic firsts — like Adoration, refreshed my general knowledge about Catholicism, and grown much closer to the Lord.
This is everything I was hoping Genuflect would do for my readers … I guess it didn’t occur to me the profound effect it would have on my religious life. Even if I am the only person enriched by Genuflect, I’d say it’s achieving its mission.
But there’s more room to grow.
Taking Bigger Steps
What began as just a Catholic email newsletter has grown with the launch last month of a redesigned home page that focuses on the latest Catholic news from around the world. It’s a Catholic version of the Drudge Report.
And as with everything else, the redesign of the news home page was completed from concept to launch in under two weeks.
It’s an even larger time commitment since news tends to flow in a 24/7/365 cycle. But again, I’ve found it to be enjoyable work that easily fits into my day and evening. Just following His lead.
I’m excited to celebrate the first anniversary of Genuflect … but I’m even more excited about what the future holds. In addition to the weekly curated newsletter and the daily Catholic news, I plan to begin publishing original articles on Genuflect.net, written by me as well as guest authors.
I don’t expect the journey to always be quick and easy, but I am committed. And I’m thankful that the Lord has helped ease me into it.
Let’s Follow The Path Together
Thank you for being here. Whether you’ve been here from the beginning … or are just finding Genuflect, I invite you to continue with me on this journey. Here’s how:
- Visit the site daily for the latest Catholic news, hand picked for you from around the world. So you’ll know what’s going on, what to include in your prayers, and even where to get involved.
- If you haven’t already, sign up to get the curated email newsletter that takes a deep dive into a special topic about the Catholic Doctrine each week so you can grow deeper in your understanding of Catholicism and closer to God.
- Follow Genuflect’s Facebook page and like the posts. I tend to share interesting articles from other sources on Catholic topics not covered in the news or the weekly email. And if you enjoy Genuflect, feel free to leave a review on the Facebook page. 😀
- Follow Genuflect on Instagram and like those posts. Instagram is where I post all the inspirational quotes that Genuflect creates, as well as re-shares from other relevant Catholic accounts that get my attention.
- If you’re on Twitter, give Genuflect a follow there. I publish the same third-party Catholic articles that I post on Facebook.
- Or if Pinterest is your thing, pin Genuflect’s pins on Pinterest. I’m just getting started with Pinterest … right now the boards focus on the Catholic inspirational quotes. We’ll see where that account goes.
- And most importantly, please share Genuflect with your family and friends so they can come along on this journey with us! It’s one small way you can help evangelize your Catholic faith.
“Please share Genuflect with your family and friends so they can come along on this journey with us!”Click To Tweet
I do believe this is the path the Lord has laid before me and it’s a great blessing. Perhaps it’s your path too. I pray Genuflect helps both of us grow more in our Catholic faith. And that this path will continue to help us get closer to heaven.
God Bless and Keep Believing –
Founding Editor, Genuflect